Bullfrog Power difference
Why we’re Canada’s trusted sustainability solutions provider
We offer the highest-quality green energy to help you maximize your carbon reductions.
We provide transparent, reliable reporting and support for your sustainability communications.
We simplify green energy to help any business or individual find their renewable energy solution.
Renewable energy from quality sources
Through our green electricity product, we offer the highest-quality renewable energy certificates (RECs) to help our customers maximize their carbon reductions and transform our energy systems. Learn more about renewable energy certificates (RECs).
- We source exclusively from projects that meet or exceed the strictest environmental criteria, as defined by EcoLogo®.
- We support the development of new wind, solar, and low-impact hydro projects by purchasing from EcoLogo new sources.
- We promote renewables across Canada, including in carbon-intensive grids, by sourcing 50% of RECs from your region.
Green natural gas
Our green natural gas is sourced from organic waste at landfills or wastewater treatment plants.
- Our green natural gas meets strict environmental standards set by ICF International.
- Leading environmental groups including WWF-Canada and the David Suzuki Foundation endorse this product.
Our green fuel comes from repurposed waste streams like cooking oils from restaurants.
- Green fuel reduces greenhouse gas emissions by at least 85% compared to petroleum-based fuel.
- Environmental nonprofits including the David Suzuki Foundation endorse this product.
We're Canada’s leading green energy provider
Empowering communities with clean energy
In addition to helping transition our energy system to renewable sources, bullfrogpowered customers also support community-based green energy projects. Together we’ve helped fund more than 160 projects, including solar panels for nonprofits, schools, and Indigenous communities.
Trusted by leading environmental groups
David Suzuki Foundation
Meeting higher standards of performance and accountability
A certified B Corp
B Corps are certified by the nonprofit B Lab to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Bullfrog has been awarded B Corp’s Best for Overall (2015), Best for the Environment (2012-2018), Best for Workers (2013-2018) and Best for Governance (2017-2018). Discover B Corp certified bullfrogpowered businesses and learn more about our certification.
A CDP-accredited provider
We’re the CDP’s first accredited renewable energy partner in Canada. Through this partnership, we facilitate high-quality disclosure of corporate climate change data and help companies accelerate their journey to environmental leadership.
A trusted sustainability brand
When you partner with Bullfrog, your company's sustainability record will be in good hands. 82% of people aware of the Bullfrog Power logo have a more favourable impression of products or businesses associated with our logo.1
1Data from an online survey of 1,650 adult Canadian residents from Sept 25–Oct 1, 2019
Transparent, reliable reporting
When we launched in 2005, we pioneered the concept of an annual audit for green energy retailers. These audits, performed by Deloitte, guarantee that the renewable energy you purchased was produced, accurately counted, and credited to your organization.
Hassle-free renewable energy
Our green energy is a simple, turnkey solution that can help any business or individual shrink their carbon footprint.
- You won’t need any special wiring or infrastructure.
- You can bullfrogpower leased or owned premises.
- You can bundle green electricity, green natural gas, green fuel, and/or carbon offsets to address scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions.
Sustainability that fits your needs
Save on emissions and enhance your brand with these smart, sustainable energy solutions.
Power purchase agreements
Join the 20,000 subscribers who care about the future of renewable energy
Sign up for the eBuzz, a bimonthly newsletter featuring green energy updates, new product information, and stories from the community projects we support.