Currents of change

See how green energy comes to life 

Currents of change is a profile series celebrating people who are pursuing renewable energy and inspiring those around them. These changemakers have brought new green energy projects online with help from Bullfrog’s community projects grant. 

Ric Richardson

“Our citizens feel like they’re part of the project—and they are. It gives them a reason to smile more.”
Read more
Mike Brigham

Mike Brigham

“Having SolarShare projects in various communities can give the residents a sense of pride that they are doing something positive for the environment.”
Read more
Kirby Wirchenko

Kirby Wirchenko

“Saskatoon is one of the sunniest cities in North America—but we don’t have a ton of solar energy projects.”
Read more
Tegan Wong-Daughtery

Tegan Wong-Daughtery

“I’m very proud that energy from the sun is currently the only thing powering our school.”
Read more
Chief Patrick Michell

Chief Patrick Michell

“Unless our world tries to do something about climate change, I’m concerned that big change is coming. I don’t think that I can solve climate change alone. It’s bigger than all of us and it’s going to require all of us working together.”
Read more
Daniel Bida

Daniel Bida

“ZooShare is a biogas story now being told in the GTA (to Zoo visitors, schoolchildren, professionals and politicians), Zoo poo jokes and all, and it’s incredibly meaningful.”
Read more
Dusty Williams

Dusty Williams

“Adopting new technologies or ways of doing things, especially in smaller communities, can be challenging.”
Read more
Jessie Jollymore

Jessie Jollymore

“I’ve always thought that when you change the way you look at things—the things you look at change.”
Read more
Jordan Webber

Jordan Webber

“There is amazing potential for change in Canadian communities, especially rural ones.”
Read more
Janice Ashworth

Janice Ashworth

“Schools are a perfect location for renewable energy projects because they are community hubs.”
Read more

Join the 20,000 subscribers who care about the future of renewable energy 

Sign up for the eBuzz, our newsletter featuring green energy updates, new product information, and stories from the community projects we support.